Friday, May 21, 2010

Thank You!

Recently, there have been false allegations made by a few disingenuous individuals who have knowingly made wrongful claims that my child was not abducted and that I stated I was a left behind parent in order to promote the upcoming book that will be released.

These same individuals have also claimed that I have been advocating for laws on child abduction in order to promote my upcoming book.

Their statements are not accurate and were purposefully made to advance their own gain and interest.

So many of you have contacted me and shared your support of all the good things I have and will continue to accomplish. Thank you.

I think that many of you will be please to know that today, I have commenced serious legal action against these individuals.

Unfortunately, my child was abducted, and the international courts did order for his return, where I had sole custody of his welfare. I have provided a recent copy issued by the US Department of State in support of this on this website (click here) as well as a copy of a letter from the Canadian Central Authority, which also confirms that my child was abducted and a return Order was granted under the rules of the Hague Convention (click here). All of this can be found at www.chasingthecyclone.com

In addition, during the time leading up and during my child's abduction, I was not immune to false allegations and slander that nearly every left behind parent faces. As the act of international parental child abduction is a premeditated act well planned in advance of the act itself, the defamation against my character was purposefully initiated in preparation for the abduction that would take place. And then of course, during the the long and drawn-out proceedings that occurred I was further slandered all in the name of having the abducting party attempt to sanction their behavior. Tragically, it is a common event for a left behind parent to be slandered. Nevertheless, I am here to say that IPCA is a nightmare for all parties involved, and it is critical that all chld abductions are prevented.

Now, with respect to my activism in Florida to assist raise awareness of the issues of international parental child abduction, I am very proud of the fact that this splendid law that Carolyn Vlk wrote and Representative Rouson sponsored was passed unanimously by all Senate and House committees, was unanimously passed on both the Senate and House floor votes, and then signed by Governor Crist. The fact that this bill was unanimously passed represents the knew understandings that policymakers are beginning to have. Without question, it is only through awareness and education that the children of our nation will have laws such as the Child Abduction Prevention Act passed. Personally, this was a very important law since I know that if laws such as this were in place before I began to chase into the cyclones of international child abduction, then the chicanary that occurred before the courts - which was realized, but a bit too late - would never have occurred. So I know just how important child abduction prevention laws are. I hope in the future other left-behind parents who live in states where potential new child abduction laws are being created will decide to step forward more actively and support these new legislations by advocating in their state capitols. When Carolyn Ann Vlk initially contacted me via email about the Florida legislation and after discussing with Carolyn how there was little awareness of the bill. So I felt it necessary to assist her best I could, and this included not only flying in from Los Angeles to spend a day in Tallahassee, but I also arranged for the airline ticket for another person to attend one of the hearings when I was unable to. On this note, I would like to thank my many friends from around the country and asked them to contact the state's various legislators. You did - and it did make a hugh difference. Thank you.

In addition, I invite you to look around the www.chasingthecyclone.com website. There you will find one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date websites on international parental child abduction. And though this site is titled after the upcoming book, it really is a metaphor for all left-behind parents who must race into the storms of child abduction. Staying true to this issue, the vast majority of the information presented there deals with real issues while trying to offer some sound advice and resources for those who may need access to them.

International Parental Child Abduction is a horrible event for all involved. It is a shame that there exists individuals such as those who have attempted to defame me in order to monitize and advance their own agenda.

I would like to thank my many friends who have reached out to my with a willingness to assist in any way I need. As I stated to each of you, as I have commenced various legal proceedings against those individuals who have purposeful breached many laws, I will let the legal actions I have commenced speak for me.

Once again, thank you for your support.

Peter Thomas Senese